Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Expressing my sentiments using dead people's words

I've been in a writing mood lately. I miss staying up late by myself. When I write, I feel like I am conversing with a part of myself. Like I am sorting out my thoughts into piles for later consideration.

I've heard a lot of quotes that struck a chord lately

"Instead of stressed, I lie here charmed"

i.e. in a dark world I still find the silver lining

"Love is watching someone die"

i.e. be it a family member or life partner you may very well watch them die someday

"Well I've been hoping for months, I've been hoping for years, aw but it don't get much dumber than trying to forget a girl when you love her"

i.e. exactly what it says.

What makes a great quote? is it the ideas behind the words? The phrasing of said words? Or the people who said them?

I like to think that it's a little bit of the first two. Of the billions of people on this planet, surely you are unlikely to have had an original thought or feeling unique only to you. So clearly the uniqueness of a idea isn't important, but perhaps an idea that is shared and felt by as many people as possible is.

The phrasing your idea properly helps. Your idea could be among the most relatable and common ideas out there, but without the proper words, your idea is expressed either to specifically or without any direction at all.

I am on a feel good pop kick right now, which is a good sign, I feel motivated and quite upbeat. I also discovered a few things about my body recently. I went on a run on the road near my house and was able to run the 2 KM about half of which was uphill without stopping, stopped at the turn around point walked for a minute caught my breath and ran all the way back to my house. I was happy that I was able to run that far but I found it easier than usual. Instead of constantly trying to push myself forward, I was more focused on one foot in front of the other. I didn't even really think of quitting I was too busy ignoring my body being out of breath.

I also worked a 14 hour day today on only 3 and a half hours of sleep, and at first I was balls tired and after lifting the 12 or 13 hundredth bundle of newspaper my arms were killing me. I found that if instead of always asking my body for one more _____ then a rest, if I instead made no other option than to keep going. To stop just was not an option. If that makes any sense.

So that was my sleep deprived rant, good night darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments : D