Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Freedom and Reflection

Updates are sporadic is a bit of an understatement. It's been over half a year since I updated this blog. Things are going well. I finally did what I said I wanted to do for almost 2 years and broke up with my girlfriend about a month ago, and so far the single life has been quite fun. I've also got a new job, and as of this post am down almost 70 lbs since December 2013.

At first I was terrified that when I broke up with my girlfriend that I would be stuck single, scared, and alone again for years, it's one of the main reasons I waited so long. After we broke up I downloaded tinder since I had some good things and so far have done quite well. I have had a bunch of dates and a few flings here and there (nothing serious), and am really enjoying the single life in a way only someone who has been trapped in a relationship for 3 years can. The dating part was difficult at first it was hard to talk to people I didn't know and I was still awkward at making moves, but each time it got a little easier and after a few weeks it didn't bother me at all. I think a large part of it is my self confidence, since I've lost so much weight and gotten into shape I feel so much better about myself, it's a driving factor in moving forward with my life.

I have a new job as I mentioned previously, I am working as a franchise manager for a window cleaning company, it's much more work than I had anticipated and the pay isn't quite what I had hoped but I can still work at my goalie school this summer so that's a plus. The job is taking it's toll however the increased work load is conflicting with my laziness, I worked hard this winter/spring to improve on my procrastination problem and I am still having issues. I managed to finish my Biology course with a 90.9% giving me just barely a 4.0 average and guaranteeing my spot in my college course for the summer, and that was a great motivation in me accepting this job. It was a test to see if I could really handle a full college course load. I am struggling to run this business, and am pretty sure I will just barely meet my contractual obligations.

The goalie school I work for also had their annual training seminar this past weekend and it was interesting. I know I messed up on the verbal test, I had everything I wanted to say laid out and got flustered and fucked it all up, I think I did ok on the written though. There's a chance I'll make instructor but I'll more likely be bumped up to intern instructor. I'm not ready to be instructor though, I think one more summer and I will be ready.

I also won the championship for my hockey league this year! This is a great improvement from when I played 2 years ago. In 2013 I played and my team finished last out of 4 teams. This year my team finished first out of 6 teams and won the championship. We finished 6-1-0 in the regular season. I led the league in games played, wins, and goals against average. I found working at the goalie school really helped. I am also playing goalie for soccer this year and so far we won our first 2 games and tied our last one 1-1. So far over the 3 games I've let in only one goal. Things are looking up!

More updates later this month I am hoping. Stay tuned darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments : D