Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I am a world before I was a man.

All of my subject lines, from the last post and on, will be lyrics from the song  I am listening to at the time of the post.

Back Story part 1:

So if you even read the post on my high school grades you can guess I was a pretty shitty student up until the second semester of grade ten. In fact I failed half of my classes up until that point. Which is what caused my parents to send me to go live with my grandparents. Which don't get me wrong I love them to death, but OH MY FUCKING GOD! They're the most overbearing, passive aggressive people I know, and I'm sure they only mean the best, but living there was an absolute hell. My grandmother was a teacher and she made me sit down every night, and review every single one of my notes.

As an example of my living conditions here's an example of a conversation that actually happened:
*grandfather sits in chair*
*grandmother is sitting on couch watching television*
*grandmother looks up, and points to empty chair across the room*
"You know that's a good chair, how come no one ever sits in that chair? It's a good chair, we paid a lot of money for that chair."
*grandfather goes to get up*
"I'll sit in the chair"
"Well don't sit in the chair if you don't want to."
"I want to sit in the chair"
"No you're just saying that to make me feel better"
"No I genuinely wanted to sit in the chair, but since you don't want me to I'll stay here"
*I scream in the background*

Ok so that was just an example of the type of conversations that were held multiple times daily. Another aspect of this hell, was the school. It was a tiny school on a military base, making attendance mandatory, skipping was impossible. Which really sucked because I was used to skipping multiple times a week. In fact in my old school I had skipped (and passed) grade eleven English 33 times out of 84. The whole exercise was pure torture.

Alas there was a glimmer of hope...

TBC... (to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments : D