Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Borrrinngggg

I could continue this lame story, but I'd rather not at the moment, I'll restructure it and edit it, maybe later ill post it. For now, I'll post the most important part of the story


June 22 2010


 That was 4 years ago. Fast forward. It is my last day of high school. There she stands on the balcony next to her boyfriend, I ask “Will you sign my year book?”. She looked down and when she smiled at me, the years melted away, lost in her eyes, like nothing had changed. I met her halfway up the stairs. She sat down. I handed her my book. She wrote down her message. She closed the book and then handed it to me with a smile. I took the book. Clutching it tightly to my chest like a closely guarded secret, as I walked to the car in agonizing anticipation.



The 45 second walk to the car felt more like a day, I agonized over what she might have wrote, knowing it was not anything near what I hoped. As I read my heart sank. “I’m sorry we drifted apart in gr. 9… You were such a good friend to me I’ll always appreciate wh(scribbled out) our friendship. Good luck next year!”. I feel… something. A bittersweet mixture of nostalgia and happiness mixed with a tinge of regret. I threw away a possible three years of friendship with her. However much I kick myself now, I realize I fucked it up pretty badly. I am Jack’s repressed memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments : D