Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sept ? 2006 again with the hormones?


What I remember:
At first I do not put much effort into getting to know her. She is outside of my social circle. But then I meet her friends and we all start hanging out together as a group. We begin to talk, I immediately feel a connection. I want to see where this goes.


            We sit next to each other in English class, we share what we write. I like her poems. The goddamn English teacher notices that I’m not the smiling type, and sees fit to ridicule me by saying smile in the most ridiculous tone until I can’t help but laugh. The teacher also sees fit to separate us. At one point a girl asks if we are dating, of course I reply that it’s preposterous.



            She takes me skipping for the first time, a habit I can see myself getting into. We start at Dairy Queen, then we walk into a Blockbuster, from there we proceeded to a local music store and we listen to “When You Were Young” by the Killers. It is one of my more favorite memories.

What was probably the reality:  
I spent every second hoping she would talk to me. Then my group of friends merged with hers. Again hormones lead me to believe I've found the perfect girl.

By pure luck the teacher put me next to her, until she realizes that I'm not doing my work, and I am moved to another part of the classroom. One girl asks if were dating, and I deny it. Looking back I don't remember why. 


She takes me skipping, it was ok. I spent most of the time worrying about getting caught. We listened to a song I used to like, and I can hardly remember the day at all now. EDIT*: It was When you were young by the Killers, at Sunrise. Jen was there too.