Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"We fight, until no one can fight us, we live and no one can stop us, we pull when we're pushed to far"

I am seriously considering compiling all of this into some sort of book, names changed to protect people and what not, my favorite part of a story was character development, and I think we have that.

Hockey is going well, I haven't played in almost a week but I haven't updated this portion in awhile. I had been playing five days a week and this was good for a few reasons, I was getting into really awesome shape, my technique was getting better, and my skating was getting easier. This was bad for a few reasons, I was playing pretty badly, letting in some shots I knew I should have gotten, this was largely due (IMO) to improper resting for my muscles, I was feeling sluggish and needed to figure out how to fix my game.

As luck would have it I twisted my ankle on some stairs at work as was unable to play for the first four days of the week. I probably could have played Thursday I was just too tired to wake up. So Friday I head out to the rink with some freshly sharpened skates, and see how my ankle would hold up. That break did wonders for me, combining the rest my muscles needed with the experience I had been hoarding, made for my best game ever. I had a 30 minute streak where I only let in 1 goal! Compared to usually 4 in 20.  I let in maybe 4 for the whole hour. I also found out I was wanted for a Thursday game for a local Hockey game, which means one of the other goalies at shinny trusted my abilities enough to let me fill in for him, which means a lot to me. I wish I had some video from my first game and from my last game just to compare them.

So I'm going to continue this streak, I'm going to train harder and channel all of this into something positive. The recovery is going well, one day at a time. I can't wait for the holidays to end. Oh also "The Return" is back on for sometime between the 2nd and the 5th, and I have a coffee date with Tinaka, whenever I decide to check back for her free days, I am going to also put every effort into getting into dating more women, and getting the experience I need.


New years resolutions/tasks 2011:
Get Laptop - completed
Get Laid - not completed
Play Hockey - completed
2/3
New years resolutions/tasks 2012:
5 K by end of summer.
Find a permanent team for Hockey.
Get new equipment for Hockey.
Meet a girl.
Make a new friend.

Bring it 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments : D